The iPhone 6 is an incredible piece of technology but it comes with the same headache all other smartphones and devices have. Short battery life!
Before you buy any smartphone you have to be prepared to deal with the short battery life and the iPhone 6 is no exception.
The 1,810mAh battery in the iPhone 6 is larger than the one in the previous iPhones but it has to power a larger, brighter screen.
With the iPhone 6 and most other smartphones, you will become a power outlet hunter always trying to charge your iPhone for a few extra minutes when you get a chance. With this kind of lifestyle, you need to know how to get the most of these minutes to charge your iPhone faster.
How To Charge iPhone 6 Faster:
- Use the wall charger to charge iPhone 6. The iPhone 6 charger will charge much faster than a USB cable plugged into a laptop or car radio.
- If you have to use a USB cable on a laptop, use the USB 3.0 port if your computer has one. Unplug all other USB devices so that the power is concentrated onto your iPhone.
- Use an iPad charger to charge your iPhone. The iPad charger is designed to produce more voltage and amperes to charge the larger iPad. This extra energy will charge your iPhone 6 faster.
- Turn on airplane mode. This will shut down all radio signals from bluetooth, Wifi, and cellular data which are notorious for draining battery life. You will stop chatting and receiving calls but your phone will get in extra percentage of charge.
- For best results, turn off your phone. Your iPhone 6’s 5.5″ screen uses energy to stay on together with all other background processes. With all these shut down, your phone will charge faster. This also cools down the phone.
- Keeping the phone cool helps in charging it faster. Don’t charge your iPhone 6 in a hot car or in direct sunlight if you want it to charge quickly.
- Do a ‘one charge cycle’ at least once a month. This means you should charge your iPhone to 100% and use it until it goes off without charging it in between. Apple recommends iPhone users to do this once a month to help in maintenance of the battery. It helps the electrons in the battery stay active.